Contrary to popular belief, being on your period is not the only reason you would wear a pad. Other reasons may be:
- Spotting during pregnancy
- Spotting because of an IUD
- Moisture or discharge
- Light bladder leakage
You want to find a solution that gives you peace of mind without resorting to shopping in the incontinence aisle. Those products are not the most comfortable (or discrete) as daily solutions for women who don't truly need them. You need a product that protects you on a daily basis against all types of leakage and moisture without feeling like anything out of the ordinary. After all, you have other responsibilities in life — you don't want to have to worry about not being completely dry around the clock.
Below is more detailed information on the specific reasons for pad usage:
- Light bladder leakage: Light bladder leakage, or LBL, is common in older women, commonly because your pelvic floor is weakened after childbirth, but also because for many women, this form of minor incontinence is simply the result of weak bladder muscles or nerve damage.1 It's important to remember that LBL is exceedingly common and nothing to feel ashamed of, but that doesn't mean you don't need protection from a pad that gives you peace of mind around the clock.
- Menstrual bleeding: Of course you'll use a pad for your period, but for some women, bleeding is less predictable than for others. For example, some forms of birth control can cause unpredictable periods and spotting, and spotting can also occur while pregnant. When you don't know when you'll need a pad, it's comforting to know that you're protected in any case.2
- Discharge: Your body is unlike anyone else's, so it's natural that you'll have different moisture protection needs. Some amount of discharge is normal, but if you're experiencing a vaginal infection, you'll need a pad that can handle added responsibilities.3
- Perspiration: Many women complain about feeling unclean because of sweat, and let's face it; that's an area that can sweat more than others when you're working out or performing physical activity. When moisture from sweat bothers you, use a pad that keeps you feeling confident around the clock.
With Ultra Thin pads from Stayfree®, you won't have to worry about being protected from every source of moisture, because these pads are specifically formulated to be a multidimensional solution. Whether you're on your period, experiencing LBL or vaginal discharge, or simply some light spotting, our pads lock in moisture and offer odor protection while staying as undetectable as possible.
Why Do You Need Protection?
Although you've likely always used pads for menstruation, your moisture protection needs are likely changing as you have children or simply just experience other changes in your life. Here are a few reasons why your moisture protection needs might be evolving, highlighting the need for a pad that accounts for a variety of needs:1
- Changes with age
- Obstructions such as urinary stones
What Stayfree® Ultra Thin® Pads Offer
Stayfree® Ultra Thin® pads are a comfortable solution that protects you from a variety of different sources of moisture, keeping you comfortable and at ease, no matter what your day has in store. These pads provide protection for a range of feminine care needs because they lock in fluids faster* (*vs. leading value brand average LBL insult while sitting), and offer up to 8 hours of reliable, odor-free protection.
So why are Stayfree® Ultra Thin® pads the pads for you? They offer all-in-one protection from your period, leaks and everything in between.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.